The launch of "Apollo" was a resounding success. I cannot thank you all enough for your continuing support and are so excited to finally be able to share the album with you.
The Lucas Sader Project's debut album, "Apollo: Tribute to the Miles Davis Quintet", is now on sale at fine establishments around Winnipeg and online. Here is where you can pick it up:
- iTunes (click here)
- Amazon (click here)
- CD Baby (click here)
- McNally Robinson Booksellers (1120 Grant Avenue)
- Music Trader (97 Osborne Street)
- Into the Music (245 McDermot Avenue)
If you have already picked up the album, please take a moment to rate it and/or write a short review on iTunes. This will go a long way in helping the album get recognized and reach more people.
"Apollo" In the Press
- Chris Smith recently gave the album 4/4 stars in the Winnipeg Free Press. Click here and scroll down to check out the review.
- The Uniter featured an article on The Lucas Sader Project, written by Aaron Epp, in it's most recent issue. It includes an interview with me about the group, the album, the concept, the inspiration, and Miles. Click here to read the article.
- The Lucas Sader Project appeared on CTV Morning Live last week. Host Kris Laudien talked with us about the album and Winnipeg's thriving Jazz scene. Click here to see the interview.
Thank you so much to everyone who has helped make the album release such a huge success thus far. First and foremost, all of you for being there, buying the album, and showing your support. Derrick Gardner, Paul Balcain, Will Bonness, Karl Kohut, and Erin Propp for sharing the stage with me. Reggie San Miguel for hosting. Laurent Roy for MC-ing the event and recording/mixing the album. Kelly Leschasin and The West End Cultural Centre for hosting us in your beautiful venue. Paul De Gurse for playing on the album. John Funk at Underscorefunk Design for designing the album and all Lucas Sader Music's promotional material. Jordan Jackiew at Resosound Productions for mastering the album. Our fantastic sponsors: The Music Cellar, Winnipeg DrumTalk Festival, and The Prolific Group. Leighton Janis for his wonderful photography and support. Lucas Sader Music's volunteer team: Alie Clark, Shannon Kristjanson, Jocelyn Goertzen, Joanna Majoko, Mike Cann, Niall Bakkestad-Legare, and Aaron Sabasch. Jeff Gordon and New Eternity Productions for filming the show. FACTOR Canada and Manitoba Film & Music for helping fund the album. Manitoba Music for their help in promoting the album. Finally, my incredible family and friends for their unwavering support.
If you haven't already, please take a minute to 'like' Lucas Sader Music on Facebook (click here). Keep an eye out in the next week or two for photos and videos from the release show to be posted. We will also be announcing a few details on our next event, which will be held in the new year.
Once again, I would just like to personally thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your support. It has been almost overwhelming. You give me the strength to keep going. I wish you and yours only the best.